Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group - Poor service Thrifty Car Rental

6301 Silver Dart Dr, Toronto, ON L5P 1B2, Canada 0 comments
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

1) We rented online a Jeep Grand Cherokee but you did not have one, not even a similar car. How is that possible?

Your company knew the exact time we were coming. 2) therefore we had to wait extremely long (!) for a similar car to be returned which was not convenient at all after a long flight from Amsterdam. 3) then a Chevrolet arrived which had just been returned. It was not cleaned yet (!) and it was not the car we rented or wanted but because we were waiting already more than one hour, my wife and I decided to take it.

You should understand that the type of car we booked is a great part of our holiday and although we finally received a discount on the total amount, we were very disappointed! 4) we packed our luggage in this Chevrolet and wanted to leave the airport then suddenly one of your staff members who pitied us showed us another vehicle which just had been returned, a Dodge Durango. This car wasn't cleaned as well (!) but we both liked this car so we took it. 5) we parked the car in Toronto downtown and paid for the parking in the street but we got a ticket anyway.

The remark on the ticket was that the licence plate was not displayed properly so I called with your assistence but a girl told me nothing was wrong with the licence plate. I asked the manager of the hotel what the reason could be I received this ticket and when we walked to the car he showed me that the licence plate was not valid anymore. It was issued May 17th although we had June 7th. How is it possible that your company doesn't check these kind of casualties?

How come your help assistant was not able to find out that the licence plate was not valid anymore? So I called again with her and she told me to return the car to the airport. I told her that we would leave early next morning to Kingston and that we had no time to return it. I had to ask for her manager to confirm that if I would get other tickets your company would not charge me for this as she was telling me not to garantee this as she proposed to return the car immediately.

This costed me an hour as well! 6) then we found out that the car warned us from the beginning to change the oil. This kind of warnings make me nervous on a holiday where we had to drive more than 3000 kilometers!

So for us no more Thrifty! We found it all very disappointing as you might understand!

Review about: Thrifty Car Rental Car Rental.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Waiting time, Not the car i rented, Hidden costs like insurance, Mechanical warnings like immediate oil change required, Car was not cleaned and licence plate was not even valid.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group - I rented a car from

we had just flew in to l.v to be married.on the way to the hotel the brakes gave out and we were in a accident.i have m.s and the officer said I wasn't drunk but since mt balance was under the influence.which I was not.having m.s your balance is not stable.so I was arrested.i was in your jail for three nts and 4 days.while they fiurede who I was excaxtally,.I not only didn't get married we lost over 3,500.00 dollarers for attorney fees.And the pain I went threw due to the exstreme heat while waiying for a officer to get there i was having sun stroke due to all of this beig wrong with the car.ive called several tines.were I got no were.we had to take a loan out because of this......And YES we are still paying 300.00 a month.i will neaver rent a car from your company again nor will my famly members.And ny fanily is veru lg.My Broyher in law is A alderman here in illinios.And him and his *** now becayse of this don't use your services.I felt like I should of at least gotten some of the attorney fees.IM on Disabiltity now.Ipray this neaver happiness to any one else.THANK U TERI ALICEA

Review about: Nothung But A Attorney.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group - Did not honor our flighting miles and did not have a car for us after making reservations

stood at us up at the airport.......... told us they would call us if they had a car a week passed a never called!!!!!

and toll fee's are just what the other review's said ............ only this time we never had to pay them................................. i wonder why?

....................... i would never rent from them again {{Redacted}}

This reviewer shared experience and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group. The most disappointing about a product or service at Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group was stood us up at the airport Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Rentals category for more informed decision or compare Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group to other companies on our site.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group - RIP OFF

Dallas, Texas 0 comments
2.3
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I recently reserved a car for a weekend trip. I picked the car up on Friday night about 11pm and returned it on Sunday around 3:30pm.

I pre-paid $65.10 when I reserved the car online through car hire (3rd party). When I got to the counter I was charged $83.99 for what I was told was a deposit. So I'm thinking I would get it back once I returned the rental. I filled the car up before I returned it but I didn't get a receipt.

And because I went to a gas station (Raceway) within a 10 mile radius I was still charged another $13 fuel fee in addition to the other charges.

Needless to say I paid $168 for less than 48 hours for the car. I used to rent from Thrifty frequently but after this I won't ever use their services.

This reviewer shared experience about pricing issue and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. This person is overall dissatisfied with Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group. The most disappointing about car rental at Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group was worst experience ever Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group - Very unsatisfied

Charlotte, North Carolina 0 comments

I cancelled my rental three days before pickup and its been 4 months now and I still am trying to get money back.

These people are very dishonest.

I will never use this company again.I would think that a nationally owned company would honor there word but no not this company.

I called more than 20 times trying to get my money back each time I called I was lied to about my refund.

They kept telling me its under review

I finally after months, and months am considering hiring A attorney to help me get my money back.

It is sad to me that a simple guy like me gets taking advantage of from this company.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. This person stated that there is a room for improvement of worst experience ever. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of a product or service. Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.

Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group - Flat tire...no spare

Moscow, Idaho 0 comments

Rented a car from Dollar Denver Airport. As we were ready to return for our flight, we noticed a flat tire.

There was no spare or fix a flat. We tried pumping it up but it would not hold air. Their roadside assistance was of little help. We had to catch a ride to the airport, stopping at Dollar on the way.

They got the keys and towed the car in the next day. Now they are charging us a $39 fee because the car was late as well as $168 for the tow. They left us stranded with an under equipped rental and are charging us for it. No one with Dollar could tell us how else we could have handled it.

Their bottom line was "sucks to be you". Never.....ever.....rent from Dollar!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of car rental. Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned car rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group.